Unify UI for 1Password X, 1Password Mini and 1Password 7

DanSkeel
DanSkeel
Community Member

I don't mind if UI changes from time to time to increase usability, but it's crazy how many different variations of UI you have across the same product. Will you unify the interface some how?

For example I like to be able to set preferred settings for password generator in 1Password 7 desktop app. But when I use 1Password X in chrome it suggests me the passwords according to its own preferences that are not saved even if I change them in settings of the extension.

Really annoying.

1Password Version: 7.0.4 (70004000)
Extension Version: 1.7.3
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DanSkeel! Our UIs for each of apps look a bit different because we develop natively for each platform. For example, our Android app closely follows Google's Material Design guidelines and looks right at home on the latest devices from the likes of Samsung and Google, while our Mac and iOS apps instead follow Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and look great on Apple's devices. Therefore, each 1Password app's UI will look different. :)

You make one more great point in your question—about 1Password X not saving your password generator preferences—and you'll be glad to hear that that's changed in the latest beta version of X. You can try the beta or wait for it to trickle down to stable sometime soon!

• Jeff Kingston
    Jeff Kingston
    Community Member

I posted a very similar post. We aren't talking about stylistic guidelines here, but materialistic functionality differences. Its very annoying. Its like every team was working from a different set of requirements and no one was QAing the thing at a program level.

• DanSkeel
    DanSkeel
    Community Member

Exactly, Jeff.

For example I'm missing the button password generator in left panel in 1Password 7

• Hi folks.

This has certainly gotten better than it ever has been, but you are right there is still lots of room for improvement. Rick wrote in more detail about why this is here:

Feature parity across versions ever going to happen? — 1Password Support

Thanks for the feedback.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.