1Password 7 Mini - Customize Display?

jangland
jangland
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

Could you please, please, please give 1P7 Mini options to allow us to choose what is displayed? I would like to remove the additional items shown on the right side when mini opens such as Identities and Credit cards. I just find the new mini too busy. The categories for other items are on the left and easy to access and I don't need to see a list of my credit cards when I'm just trying to find and click a website login.

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jangland! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and share your thoughts and wishes for 1Password with us. The new mini is certainly the most-talked about feature of 1Password 7, probably because it's the one that's changed the most from the previous version. Some people are very happy with it, others not so much. One of the main reason it's changed is due to feedback we received pre-launch from an increasing number of users who told us they operated almost exclusively within the mini, rarely if even opening the main app window, and they wanted more functionality.

We do intend to iterate on the design and function of the new mini as we move forward with incremental updates, but for people looking for a straight-up reversion to the old mini, I can't see that happening. What I'd urge everyone to do is take some time to get used to the new mini, and see if it grows on you. I'm not saying your concerns aren't valid, but often, changes that render the familiar, well, unfamiliar take some getting used to. It may be (no it WILL be) that some people may never prefer the new design, but if people are anything like me, it may also be that taking some time to get over the unfamiliarity results in what seemed strange and perhaps even unwanted at first becoming not just tolerable, but enjoyed. Let us know down the road, and we'll keep an eye on overall user feedback to see what we can improve. :)

• jangland
    jangland
    Community Member

Thank you taking the time to read my suggestion and responding. I agree that over time we will get used to the new mini interface but I still believe you should offer us some options/control over what is displayed. I think the previous browser extension allowed you to choose some of the items that were displayed.

I love 1Password and it is probably the one application I could not live without. Thank you.

• Hi @jangland ,

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback, and for taking lars’ suggestion to take the time to get used to it. I just want to confirm that we are taking your suggestion seriously. We knew the new mini would generate feedback both positive and negative, so we will be considering your suggestion when making improvements to the mini.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.