Chrome Browser...really? Again? I thought this wasn't going to happen anymore...

karunapod
karunapod
Community Member

1pw is working just fine in opera and safari right now
but when I went to chrome I was told that the desktop app is needed...AGAIN.
I checked extensions...1pw is in there and turned on but no go!
I just don't have the time these days to do another ticket like this...
uninstall and reinstall chrome extension...etc.
Please...can someone help me fix this for good?
thanks!

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @karunapod,

I’m sorry to hear that you are again having problems with the browser extension in Chrome. Could you please verify for me that both 1Password and Chrome are in the /Applications folder, and not in ~/Applications (within your home directory) or some other folder (including a sub-folder of /Applications)?

Ben

• karunapod
    karunapod
    Community Member

hmmm...
    that seems to have fixed it.
    I will write again if there's a problem.
    thank you!

• Excellent. Thanks for the update. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• sevdestruct
    sevdestruct
    Community Member

Can you please add support for ~/Applications/ ??

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sevdestruct - doubtful. The reason 1Password 7 for Mac requires installation into /Applications is because unlike any previous versions, we are now sandboxed (like Mac App Store applications). The only way we could add another location would be to remove our sandboxing, and we're not likely to be doing that. However, we will be adding some additional protections and notifications to existing installations as well as new ones that should prevent locating 1Password in other directories where this issue is a problem.

ref: apple-1627

This discussion has been closed.