Version 7 Desktop App Update Issue

JEMET
JEMET
Community Member

Your version 7 desktop app update deleted my extensive "Smart Folder" organization" feature. I'd like it returned. I don't see any user-friendly way to re-create it. How do I set it up again?

Somehow "Tags," which I had never used in previous versions, are labeled with my smart folder names. However, the sub-tagged categories are missing many of my previously organized/outlined login names. Now, I have to type in a login name in the "Search" window to use your app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Version 7 desktop app update deleted my "Smart Folder Organization" feature. I loved it.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @JEMET! I'm sorry for the confusion with the upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac.
    If you have recently converted to a 1password.com account, then any vaults in your account will not use Smart Folders (or any folders), because the 1password.com servers don't utilize folders the way standalone installations on your own device do.

Your version 7 desktop app update deleted my extensive "Smart Folder" organization" feature.

It shouldn't have. 1Password 7 for Mac has replaced regular folders with nested tags, but if you had Smart Folders associated with your standalone vaults in 1Password 6 for Mac or earlier, after upgrading to 1Password 7 for Mac you won't be able to see your Smart Folders in the All Vaults view, but if you switch to your standalone vault, you should still see them there.

Hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.