Safari autofill bookmark causes extra prompt

sddawson
sddawson
Community Member

Running V7. When I drag a bookmark with autofill to the Safari bookmarks bar, I get a prompt when I click it that says:

Do you want to allow this page to open "1Password 7"?

Is there a way to get rid of this?

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• Hey @sddawson! Are you dragging it from the main 1Password window or somewhere else? I just tested this using the same versions of everything as you and can't reproduce it.

• sddawson
    sddawson
    Community Member

Yes, dragging it from the main 1Password window to Safari's favourites bar. The bookmark starts with onepassword7://open_and_fill, followed by a long string of random characters. I just deleted the bookmark and recreated it, but got the same behaviour.

• @sddawson,

Unfortunately there isn't any way to get rid of that prompt. Safari prompts for approval any time a link that's going to be handled by another application is clicked.

Rudy

• sddawson
    sddawson
    Community Member

That’s a shame. No longer a “1click” bookmark operation, like it used to be.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Indeed @sddawson, sorry we can't do more about that. It's a nice little security add, though I do wish there was an "Always allow" button just for this.

If you're still interested in 1Click bookmarks being...one click, you can try using them with a different browser, like Chrome or Firefox!

Let us know if there's anything more we can do to help you anytime. :)

• sddawson
    sddawson
    Community Member

Thanks - not the end of the world!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.