Can I change my 1Password 7 from the MAS version on my iMac to the Agile Bits version

Localboy
Localboy
Community Member

Somehow I wound up with the AgileBits Store version of 1Password 7 on my Macbook Air and the Mac App Store version on my iMac. I would like to have the AgileBits version on both my macs before the trial period ends. Both macs, with their different trial versions of 1PW7, are using the vault on 1password.com without problem.

Can I just delete the application on my iMac and replace it with 1Password7 downloaded from AgileBits Store? I just don't want to screw this up because I now know what life is like without 1Password. I don't want to experience that again!

Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:change Mac App Store 1Password 7 to Agile Bits

Comments

• Can I just delete the application on my iMac and replace it with 1Password7 downloaded from AgileBits Store?

You can, yes, but your current setup should also work. :)

Ben

• Localboy
    Localboy
    Community Member

I went ahead and deleted the Mac App Store version of 1PW7 and installed the Agilebits Store version. It works fine but when I clicked the purchase link I don't see the standalone version as an option. I guess I have to move my vault out of 1password.com? Also, do you know if the introductory price for the 1PW7 license is still in effect? Thank you for your help, Ben!

• Ah, I didn’t realize you were trying to purchase a standalone license. You won’t be able to purchase a license while signed into a membership, including a membership trial. This is intentional, and is designed to prevent folks from accidentally purchasing things they don’t need (as a membership covers access to all of our 1Password apps). If you are signed into a membership, but want to purchase a license, you’ll need to sign out of that membership first. Instructions on migrating from a membership to a standalone vault can be found here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

Ben

This discussion has been closed.