1Password mini\extension not working

WilDieteren
WilDieteren
Community Member

Today both 1Password mini and the 1Password Firefox extension stopped working, i.e. there would be no response to clicking on either one. Only after opening the 1Password app and reinstalling the 1Password Firefox extension did it, and curiously 1Password mini, start working again. 1Password mini not responding, and being fixed by opening the 1Password app might have happened before.

Anyone encountered a similar problem?

Wil Dieteren

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: macOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password not responding

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I wonder whether it was similar to what I reported in this thread (and which I've not been able to reproduce since). Were you able to "see" the main 1Password app or 1Password mini? In my case I could not tab to 1Password (although it was unlocked and open): it simply wasn't "there".

Stephen

• WilDieteren
    WilDieteren
    Community Member

@Stephen_C,

I could see both the 1Password app and 1Password mini, so not the same as you're issue. However like you're issue the ⌘\ and ⌥⌘\ commands did not do anything.

Wil Dieteren

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@WilDieteren - sorry for the trouble. Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to say what might have been going wrong, since you reinstalled the extension. I'm glad you were able to solve the problem, but I don't think we're going to be able to determine in retrospect what might have happened. Definitely let us know if the problem recurs, however.

• WilDieteren
    WilDieteren
    Community Member

Lars,

It happened again. I had unlocked 1Password, used my mac for a while, locked my mac and when I came back and unlocked my mac 1Password mini and the 1Password extension no longer reacted to clicks. Also the hot key combination to bring up 1Password mini no longer brought up the 1Password mini unlock screen. I unlocked the 1Password app which partly restored function, however filling a login from the 1Password app no longer worked. Only after choosing "Quit 1Password Completely" form the 1Password mini setting menu and restarting\unlocking the 1Password app did everything worked normally again. Hope this additional information helps solve the issue.

Wil Dieteren

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@WilDieteren - Sorry to hear the issue's returned. The extra information may be useful, but it doesn't help solve the issue on its own. What might is if I can get you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/444307/#Comment_444307
    • Your forum username: @WilDieteren

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• WilDieteren
    WilDieteren
    Community Member

Lars,

Done all of the above, support ID is [#XSD-36416-731].

Wil Dieteren

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@WilDieteren - thanks! Got it, replying now, you should have my reply soon. :)

ref: XSD-36416-731

This discussion has been closed.