I am having trouble logging into upgraded version 7 on mac

gbez
gbez
Community Member

I believe I don't have a membership, just a standalone app on my macs and iPhone. I don't believe I have a secret key and I don't believe I am supposed to since I don't have a membership. I am signed in on my phone but not my mac since installing the new version. When I try to find info on the app under accounts there is no information there.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:trouble logging in

Comments

• gbez
    gbez
    Community Member

So I can't sign in to the desktop app since I don't have a secret key

• gbez
    gbez
    Community Member

And I also can't sign into the web version without a secret key. I do not have an emergency kit. As I recall I attempted to create an emergency kit but was asked for a secret key then as well, so I skipped it

• Hi @gbez ,

If you do not have a membership, then it sounds like you are clicking on the wrong thing in the upgrade window. At the first window, you should see an offer to move to a subscription or a link to get a 1Password 7 license right under the Subscribe button, and a link to sign into an existing account right underneath that. Click link to get a license (the one directly beneath the subscribe button), and then click the button to purchase a license on the next screen. It should then upgrade your data and show you the 1Password unlock screen.

If that doesn't sound right, please post a screenshot of the first window you see when launching 1Password. Make sure there is no personal data in the screenshot before posting it.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• gbez
    gbez
    Community Member

I guess I didn't realize that 1 Password 7 was a paid upgrade. I thought it was still included with my original purchase over a year ago.

I am still able to use 6.8.8 on my other mac. However, on the mac that I downloaded 7 to, my older version was replaced. Now on that computer, I don't have a license for 7, and I no longer have 6.8.8 either.

Am I able to continue to use the older version on this mac? Is there a way to re-download the 6 version until I decide on whether to upgrade to 7?

Thank you.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@gbez:

I am still able to use 6.8.8 on my other mac. However, on the mac that I downloaded 7 to, my older version was replaced. Now on that computer, I don't have a license for 7, and I no longer have 6.8.8 either.

There are instructions here for reverting to 1Password 6.

Stephen

• gbez
    gbez
    Community Member

I guess I didn't realize that 1 Password 7 was a paid upgrade. I thought it was still included with my original purchase over a year ago.

Am I able to continue to use the older version on this mac? Is there a way to re-download the 6 version until I decide on whether to upgrade to 7?

Thank you.

• gbez
    gbez
    Community Member

sorry for the double post. I will try that thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gbez - to be clear, we don't recommend sticking with a now-legacy version of 1Password as a permanent solution. Older versions will typically not receive development attention, which means they will remain as they were, forever. That's not a problem today, since it's been barely a month since version 7 was released. But sticking with 1Password 6 for Mac to avoid having to pay for an upgrade isn't a good long-term solution. As a security company, we can't recommend anything except that users keep up to date with the latest version of not only 1Password, but also macOS, Windows OS, and related software, including browsers and security software.

This discussion has been closed.