The new Chrome extension is clunkier - requiring more clicks

Andrew Rogoff
Andrew Rogoff
Community Member

Hi guys

Prior to the most recent update, you could click on the button in the browser toolbar and, in one click, copy a one-time password. Now it's a 2-click process. Any chance of reverting it to a one click process again?

Cheers, Andrew

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Mac OS 10.13.5 (17F77)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mattjenn
    mattjenn
    Community Member

+1
    I have rolled back to v6 until this is brought back. It's totally killed an excellent workflow.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Hi @Andrew Rogoff @mattjenn,

The 1Password extension should automatically copy the One-Time Password to your clipboard, then after 30 seconds, it should restore your previous clipboard contents.

If you are using Chrome, Firefox, or Opera you can also try 1Password X. It will automatically fill One-Time Passwords :smile:.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

• Andrew Rogoff
    Andrew Rogoff
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Hi @JadC, that's only triggered in some circumstances. And very often not at times that I need to get it.

I'm trying to think when this is a problem. I think it's when Chome autofills a password and 1Password is not involved. Then, you get challenged for the onetime password. So, you have to click the extension button, click the password and finally click to copy the password. What used to be 2 clicks is now 3. That's not a backward step in usability from the previous version and I can't see a good reason for it.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@Andrew Rogoff We've always designed the 1Password extension to be used with browser autofill turned off—guide right here. So that's not a use-case we've designed for, but you can still copy the OTP very fast with a few keyboard tippity-taps: try Command-Option-\ to open 1Password Mini, a right arrow key to open the item, a couple down arrow keys to your OTP codes, and Enter to copy the current OTP and dismiss Mini. ✨

If you're looking for OTPs to always autofill magically, Jad's suggestion of 1Password X is a perfect one.

Let me know if there's anything more I can do to help. :)

• Andrew Rogoff
    Andrew Rogoff
    Community Member

Hi Henry, thanks for the tip. I didn't know about 1Password X so I'll give it a try. I love 1Password - just keen to try and prevent extra clicks being added to it :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Andrew Rogoff - glad Henry was able to show you a few new features of 1Password! Let us know if you have any other thoughts/issues. :)

This discussion has been closed.