Passwords across devices

mkkatz
mkkatz
Community Member

My phone, desktop, laptop and iPad all have 1Password. My one computer has my new password to enter the app, but my old computers still can be accessed with my old password. How do I change it so that all havebsane password to enter my 1Password app? Do I have to go into each device and change it there? Thank you

Comments

• dst87
    dst87
    Community Member

Do you sync with a 1Password account or are you using a local vault synced with DropBox? If the vaults are synced between devices then you definitely shouldn't have to change the password on each device - it's the same vault!

I know when I update my master password the change happens basically immediately on other devices (and the old password doesn't work anymore). Is something preventing the computer you're changing the password on syncing that change to the server?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Welcome to the forum, @mkkatz and @dst87! That's what I'm wondering as well: which vaults do you see on each device? Do you have the same vaults everywhere? Or is your "new" vault - and Master Password - on just one device? If you've recently switched from a standalone setup to a 1password.com membership, you'll need to sign into your 1password.com account on all other devices as well, then (presuming you've already transferred all your data over from standalone > account on the first device), you can remove the standalone vault(s), and everything should be in sync. Can you tell us which vaults you have on each device?

ref: GEE-34586-617

This discussion has been closed.