1Password 7 installed. I use only one vault and and it syncs using Dropbox. How do I update the drop

sudonym
sudonym
Community Member

1Password 7 install resulted in two vaults: original "personal" vault in the old format and new "primary" vault in the new. I was unable to delete the old one (which remained the default) so I deleted password data to start over. Following the password data reset, the app contains only the old "personal" vault that uses the old format. The new "1password.opvault" file is still in the Dropbox folder. How do I get the app to link to the correct version?

1Password Version: 1Password 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How do I update default Dropbox vault to new opv format? 1Password 7 already installed.

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Hi @sudonym, welcome to the forum! We are happy to help!

1Password 7 no longer syncs the Agile Keychain format. If you had any vaults in the Agile Keychain format, then when you install 1Password 7, you’ll be notified. 1Password will then import your Agile Keychains and offer to sync your data using the newer OPVault format. You’ll get a choice of where to place the new OPVault - the default is in the same Dropbox folder as your Agile Keychain. After writing out the new keychain, you’ll need to switch all other 1Password apps to the new OPVault keychain instead of the older Agile Keychain.

If you need to manually switch to the OPVault format, we have a support article here: https://support.1password.com/cs/switch-to-opvault/.

ref: RVH-88874-946

This discussion has been closed.