Got error message in 1P 7 and auto submit

Mork
Mork
Community Member

Although auto-submit does appear to work on most sites, I tried it on twitter and got this error:

The operation couldn't be completed. /
Users/…/Library/Application Scripts/
2BUA8C4S2C.com. agilebits.onepassword7
-helper/1 Password_Autosubmit.sept:
143:159: execution error: System Events
got an error: Application isn't running.
(-600)

Auto-submit still works on other sites.

Is this a bug?

Suggestions?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Max 10.13.5
Sync Type: NA

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Mork - sorry for the trouble and thanks for letting us know. However, no, Twitter should work fine for you; it does here. What you're experiencing looks to be a situation where 1Password was not yet running. Is this happening reliably every time you try to login at Twitter.com? Or was it only the one time?

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Just the one time. Seems OK now. :) Not sure what happened. I had been using 1P on several sites before this happened. Twitter login working ever since that issue. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Mork - glad to hear it! Definitely let us know if you experience any unusual behavior of that nature again, but I think you should be OK for the foreseeable future. Cheers!

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member

One quick question -- I had read I thought that 1P 7 would do "in-app" filling, but there still doesn't seem to be any automated way to fill a few of the same irritating password dialogs (app dialogs). I still have to open 1P 7 and separately copy and paste the user/password to the fields manually. Just wondering if I understood the new capability correctly. Thanks.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Hi @Mork, you are right in that 1Password 7 does have a new in-app filling feature, but it is much more limited than the browser extensions due to a number of technical reasons. Thus, a user must go to 1Password Mini, find the entry they want to fill, and drag-and-drop specific entries like username and password, into the app in question, one at a time. This is the drag-and-drop functionality in action:

• Narius
    Narius
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Hi. I was just on my bank site, but at the time wasn't trying to use autosubmit. (though had successfully just minutes before and also afterwards) Nevertheless, twice got a similar popup error message that read /
Users/…/Library/Application Scripts/
2BUA8C4S2C.com. agilebits.onepassword7
-helper/1 Password_Autosubmit.sept:
143:159: execution error: System Events
got an error: Apple event timed out. 
(-1712)
    Version 7.0.4, Extension 4.7.1, OS Mac 10.12.6 using Safari

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member

The drag and drop method of filling between 1P and at least one of my programs doesn't work at all. I still have to manually cut and paste. Not the end of the world, I'm just a little disappointed. Not really that much new and exciting in 7.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Mork - that will happen in some cases, depending on the program in question. It should work in most cases, but there may be a few that disallow drag/drop.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Narius - I'm not quite sure what to make of that, if you say that Go & Fill (or just using the browser extension) worked both before and after you experienced the issue. Was it only on one site? And were you later able to successfully fill on that site?

• Narius
    Narius
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

@Lars It's a strange behaviour. It's not inhibiting anything as far as I can tell, but the popup seems to happen after I use 1P to enter 3 sites. (I had to log back into here). I tried it just now, and it looks like it's about 2 minutes after. It's not that I can explain it either, but it makes sense to at least tell you, as it's clearly related to 1p. I guess a possible question is "what Apple event is trying to execute that times out?"

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Narius: Actually that sounds like something very much outside of 1Password, or it would be able to work around it. In the past we've had reports of issues when the script became damaged for some reason (or has a permissions issue), and reinstalling it can help. Try this:

1. Close all browsers and 1Password.
    2. In the Finder, go to the following folder: ~/Library/Application Scripts/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword7-helper (if you have trouble finding that, select Go > Go to Folder and copy/paste that location in the field that appears)
    3. Delete the 1Password_Autosubmit.scpt file.
    4. Reboot your Mac.

See if that helps. You can also try disabling and re-enabling "Automatically sign in" in Preferences > Browsers. Let me know if that makes a difference!

This discussion has been closed.