How to add an existing shared vault on Dropbox to iPassword 7

gunhoe
gunhoe
Community Member

I recently upgraded from iPassword 6 to 7. Currently my iPassword 7 shows and syncs with my primary vault. My husband and I share another existing vault, but I am having trouble adding this second vault to my iPassword. I do not see a way to do this?

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gunhoe - Thanks for upgrading to 1Password 7! If you have a secondary vault that's shared between you and your husband, I'm guessing you did this via Dropbox (since iCloud and WLAN do not allow you to share vaults)? If so, and presuming that the sync keychain in Dropbox is of the OPVault format and not the Agile Keychain vault format, you should be able to navigate in Finder to the vault in your Dropbox folder and just double-click it to open it in 1Password.

If it IS in the Agile Keychain format, you'll need to do it a bit differently: first create a new vault from 1Password's File menu. Then choose File > Import, and you'll see a pop-up that looks like this:

Choose the first option ("1Password Keychain"). This will open a window that asks you to navigate to the Agile Keychain you want to import. Find the Agile Keychain for the vault you share with your husband and import it (you'll be asked for the vault password for that shared vault first). Then, you'll need to visit Preferences > Sync and re-establish sync with Dropbox in the same folder you had previously been using. Let us know how that goes for you!

• gunhoe
    gunhoe
    Community Member

Thanks, Lars. That did the trick!

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

@gunhoe - glad Lars was able to assist; let us know if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.