Installing 1Password on my laptop

BonnieGal
BonnieGal
Community Member

I had display issues with my new MacBook Pro. They replaced the display and wiped the computer. Told me to start over and not use backup in case the issue was related to software. Ugh... I’m trying to put my 1Password app back on this computer. I have licensed version not membership. I downloaded the app. Now trying to use Dropbox to sync all data. Asking for a file that doesn’t exist in my Dropbox. I only have agile bits keychain which is grayed out. How can I sync to all other devices? How do I get my 1Password app to work again?

Comments

• BonnieGal
    BonnieGal
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

I’m checking my post. No replies. Does that mean I haven’t been clear in my explanation or that no one can suggest how to sync the new downloaded 1Password if I don’t have .opvault file in Dropbox? The only file currently in Dropbox is 1Password agilekeychain. All my other devices sync using Dropbox. I have the older license version not the membership version of 1Password. What can I do? I emailed support. No answer yet.

ref: XMA-76615-916

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

The most likely reason it has taken longer than you'd like for the support staff to get to you is that they are currently swamped with requests and are running behind. One thing to note for the future is that each time you add to your own thread, the forum software treats the whole thread as if it is new. Since they work from the oldest unanswered post to the newest, in order to get to people in the order of their requests, you will go to the back of the line each time you add a post.

Now, I am not sure I can help you, but I have a suggestion of something to try. I am assuming your are using 1Password 7, since you haven/t said, but try going to the 1Password File menu and choose Import. Can you get your data over if you do that? You'll see a set of options to choose from, each of which will give you advice about how to proceed.

• Hi @BonnieGal ,

I'm sorry for the late reply. We’ve received a large influx of support requests lately and are working very hard to catch up. Someone will be answering your email. Thanks @hawkmoth for answering the question.

1. Move the .agilekeychain file out of Dropbox and onto your Desktop.
    2. Unlock 1Password on another device. You should get an error about sync. Go to Settings > Sync and set up sync to Dropbox again. This time, you should see an opvault file created on Dropbox.
    3. Now, go back to your Mac, and launch 1Password 7. Choose the option to sync from Dropbox. Select the opvault file on Dropbox and it should be working again.

You will need to set up sync again on any other devices. Just go to Settings (or Preferences) and choose Sync, and set your Primary vault to Sync to the opvault file on Dropbox. You should be ok after that.

If this solves your issues, we'd appreciate it greatly if you can reply to the email and say that your issue has been solved.

Thanks,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.