1Password for Families; vault and sync settings

catIII
catIII
Community Member

I've been using the standalone version of 1Password for years. I just upgraded to the subscription version (1Password for Families). I've managed to get the apps up and running on all for devices (iMac, MacBook, iPhone, and iPad). I previously used DropBox for syncing. On three of my devices I have 2 vaults I deleted the Primary Vault leaving me with only Private and Shared. On my 4th Device (MacBook), I'm showing 3 Vaults (a Primary, Private, and Shared). The Primary Vault indicates that it is still being synced with DropBox. I'm confused at to how syncing works on the Private Account (is it through DropBox or iCloud, or directly through 1Password Server?) Should I delete the primary vault on my iMac (and how do I do that?)? I have all of my devices setup to always open to my private account. I've done a test and if I had a login on one, it immediately syncs to the other three devices but I'm not sure how that's being accomplished. Any advice on what to do with my MacBook vault settings would be appreciated. Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password7
Extension Version: 7.0.2
OS Version: mac OS High Sierra
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Once you have set up your Family Membership and are satisfied that all of your data made the transition, you can delete that Primary vault on all of your installations. I think you'll need to do that separately on each device. Once it's gone, you'll have no more Dropbox syncing, so you can also delete the 1Password-related file in your Dropbox account. Once you then sign in with your account credentials on each machine, syncing should be seamless.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2018

In addition to what hawkmoth said (which was good, thanks @hawkmoth) instructions for removing the Primary vault can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Thanks!

Ben

ref: XHN-93883-279

• catIII
    catIII
    Community Member

Thanks to both of you!

• You’re very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.