To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Ongoing support for 1Password 6

Options
kylesome
kylesome
Community Member

Hi there, I just have a few questions regarding ongoing support for 1Password 6.

• Will you still be supporting the old version with security patches?
  • How does this effect the mobile clients? How long will they continue to work with the old version? Same question for the browser extensions.
  • How long would a new standalone licence last for version 7? If you release another major version, would we have to pay again?

Like many others, I am debating what to do after this recent move. The new version looks great, but the current version works just fine for me so its hard to justify paying again. Hence why I'm wondering how long it will continue to work.

Many thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @kylesome

The only updates we’d consider for v6 at this point would be security updates. It won’t be updated for compatibility with future releases of operating systems, browsers, or other versions of 1Password. Licenses are sold on a per-person, per-platform, per-major verion basis. As such yes, a future major version would require a separate purchase. You may want to consider 1Password membership, which includes access to the latest versions of 1Password across all of our supported platforms (including upgrades). Our recommendation is always going to be to use the latest version of 1Password, your OS(es), and your browser(s).

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.