Safari extension and vault not uptodate

bhushan
bhushan
Community Member

Hello

I am having some difficulty of reinstalling 1password on my reinstalled/wiped MacBook Pro. This is a 7 year old machine now running Sierra OS. After spending hours to force Agile to install 6.0 and get rid or 7.x... I am now facing issues to installing safari browser extensions. When I install from the application, it installs fine but then when I go to safari, it brings up 7.0. For some reason it doesn't recognize that there needs to a different extension for 6.x.

Even though I thought I had backed up the vault on a disk, it doesn't look it. So, I am starting from stratch building one by one. What I notice is that, every time I make a change to password, the vault that I have selected doesn't update the timestamp indicating that the new password has been saved. Why does this happen.

Please help on these two issues as I have spend over 3 hours on this already. As usual, very frustrating to use your product but can't switch now, too late.

regards
Bhushan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Just taking a step back first, are you quite sure you don't still have both 1Password 7 and 1Password 6 running on your Mac? If you look in your Applications folder for 1Password what do you see?

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@bhushan

After spending hours to force Agile to install 6.0 and get rid or 7.x...

Can I ask why you installed 7.0 and then attempted to revert to 6.x? The choice is yours, obviously, but I'm always curious when someone's interested enough in the new version to have downloaded and installed it, only to wind up trying to go back to a now-legacy version. Regardless, I wouldn't have expected that process to take hours. The way to revert to 1Password 6 for Mac is this:

1. Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu).
    2. Quit all running browsers.
    3. Drag the 1Password 7 application to your Mac's Trash, then empty the Trash.
    4. Download the latest version of 1Password 6 for Mac (6.8.9) from here, then run the installer.

That should leave you with the same setup you had prior to installing version 7 of 1Password for Mac...except in your case, I notice you referred to your computer as a reinstalled/wiped MacBook Pro. If you wiped everything from your MacBook Pro, you may very well have removed all 1Password data from it at the same time; I can't say. As far as browser extensions, if you're having trouble with any of them, deleting the existing ones and installing a fresh copy of the new one should work fine. You can do that from the Safari extensions gallery, or by visiting https://1pw.ca/browsers and downloading "our" version.

Can you please try those things first, and let me know whether you have any success in restoring your previous 1Password data? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.