OTP fields in a template disappear

mikaellu
mikaellu
Community Member

The other day I tried creating a template that contains and OTP field. However it seems that the OTP field disappears a few minutes. Quite problematic since logging in to the service got somewhat more complicated without the OTP information.

So here is what I did:

• create a template including an OTP field
  • created an item on my Mac
  • added OTP
  • saved the item (otherwise the code is not displayed)
  • tested 2FA login
  • left the item and 1password to do other things
  • went back to the item in 1P
  • ??? confused! Did I not just add OTP information? But where is it
  • Confirmed that OTP was added to the account (luckily I was still logged on!)

Hmm, was it me? Or is it 1Password? So, I repeated the creation of OTP etc, and it happened again!

Any insights?

Best Regards
//Mikael

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1Password Teams
Referrer: forum-search:teamplate

Comments

• lobianco
    lobianco
    1Password Alumni

Morning @mikaellu! Sorry to hear you're having OTP problems. I tried on my end to reproduce the issue using your steps but unfortunately I can't make it happen.

Does this happen for you every time you create a Login item with a OTP, or just a specific site? Is the OTP code the only thing that gets lost in the item template?

Next time it happens, can you generate a diagnostics report to send us? Instructions here: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

Reminder: please don't post the DR here in the forums! Send it to the support address in the instructions above, and include a link to this forum thread and we'll figure out what's going on.

This discussion has been closed.