Upgraded to 1Password 7 (from 6) and now I lost ALL my local vault!

Chuck1313
Chuck1313
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

I have 1Password 6.8.9 and uses local vault with Wifi sync for my home machine. At work, I use 1Password 7 with work account and installed that in my work machine.

Today, I upgraded 1Password 6.8.9 on my home machine to 1Password 7 and now ALL local vault is GONE! How do I recover this local vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Upgraded to 1Password 7 (from 6) and now I lost ALL my local vault!

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Chuck1313 - I'm sorry for the trouble! 1Password never removes or deletes any of your data, so don't worry that it's gone for good. We just need to figure out what's going on. When you say you "upgraded 1Password 6.8.9 to 1Password 7," can you be more specific? Were you using the Mac App Store version of 1Password 6 on this Mac, or our version? Did you get an in-app notice to upgrade, or did you visit our downloads page and download the full installer for 1Password 7 and run it? How many local vaults did you have in 1Password 6, and what do you see when you open 1Password 7 now, if you go to Preferences > Vaults? The more information you can give us, the better-able we'll be to help get you back up and running.

This discussion has been closed.