Touch ID doesn't work on macOS Mojave beta 2 [update to 10.14 Beta 5 for resolution]

Comments

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member

Odd. Well, to give everyone the bad news: Touch ID still doesn't work on Beta 3 for me. :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for following up. Here's hoping for a breakthrough!

• ccMick
    ccMick
    Community Member

Mojave beta 3 doesn't seem to have fixed it (1Pw 6). When I try to re-enable the feature in 1Pw settings, it has me type my password, then nothing happens. Checkbox not enabled.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018

Thanks folks. We are aware that the difficulty persists in beta 3 and we’re working hard to find a solution. Unfortunately I don’t have more than that to share at the moment.

Ben

• jonoh
    jonoh
    Community Member

yup. issue persists in beta 3. I'm holding out hope the API changes apples side are permanent and a fix can be done on the fly to support both deprecated and new. if not... looks like ill be typing passwords again.

• Not to worry too much. I’m confident a solution will become available in advance of the Mojave release. As is the nature with beta software things will continue to evolve as the release approaches.

Ben

• mcdonajw
    mcdonajw
    Community Member

Just to want to throw my hat into the ring. Issue exists in beta 3 as well. Thanks for working on this!

• :+1:

Ben

• stupy76
    stupy76
    Community Member

I had tried 1Password v7 and decided to go back to version 6.8.9, the latest build available for 1PW6.
    Everything seems to work fine, but I cannot get the TouchID to enable.
    In preferences, upon clicking the TouchID option, I'm prompted for my master password. After that, the checkbox stays unchecked. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling without any benefit.
    Was working previously, any ideas of how to fix this?
    Can't remember if I had IPW6 running on OSX10.14beta, so perhaps it's a OSX/1PW6 incompatibility?
    Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8.9
    Extension Version: 4.7.1
    OS Version: OSX 10.14Beta
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:cannot enable touch id

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018

Hi @stupy76

Touch ID will not work in 1Password in macOS 10.14 (up through beta 3 as it stands). We’re working on a resolution. We are no longer updating 1Password 6 though, so if the solution requires changes to 1Password (vs changes exclusively to macOS) it is unlikely we'll be able to make 1Password 6 work with Touch ID on 10.14.

Ben

• stupy76
    stupy76
    Community Member

Thanks for the info Ben. Look forward to seeing how it pans out.

• You’re welcome. :)

Ben

• dkbowles
    dkbowles
    Community Member

Ben, I hope you can get it fixed in this version somehow. I actually bought a new MacBook Pro with TouchID mostly to work with 1Password. I presume it'll be working in 1Password 7 (fingers crossed)?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I don't know the future, but I suspect that Apple is also motivated to smooth things out with Touch ID before Mohave ships to everyone. :)

• ccMick
    ccMick
    Community Member

Still happening in Mojave beta 4. Strange that it continues to work fine in other apps.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018

Thanks for the update @ccMick. Unfortunately I don’t have anything further to share at the moment, other than to say that our efforts continue.

Ben

• @ccMick,

Thanks for the update, I expected this to still be the case with beta 4. We'll let you know when that expectation changes.

• JAWiv
    JAWiv
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

@JadC, I am also having this issue. I've sent a diagnostic report to the email address above. My support ticket is: #RAZ-96968-291

]This discussion was created from comments split from: Opening 1Password with Touch ID on MacBook Pro.]

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@JAWiv - thanks! One of our email support folks will be with you shortly. :)

ref: RAZ-96968-291

• Daniel_Argentina
    Daniel_Argentina
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

HI! I'm using MacOS 10.14 Mojave Beta 3, and 1Password 7.1 Beta 1 (I'm risky!) and have the same problem described above... I have "Touch ID"Activated but the application do not show the icon to use them...

Any idea?

Thanks, Best regards!

[This comment was merged here from: Touch ID is activated in 1Password, but I don't get the option of using it when I open the app.]

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018

@Daniel_Argentina

We are working on a resolution for the Touch ID problem in 10.14. We hope to have a solution soon.

Ben

• peiKINGer
    peiKINGer
    Community Member

hey guys,

love your 1password software! can't imagine to live without it anymore. Since i upgraded to MOJAVE (Beta 3) the touch ID is not available anymore. Even if i try to switch it on in settings it won't work. Any suggestions please?!

thx and keep the good work up,
    p*

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@peiKINGer there have been many posts about this problem when running the Mojave beta. Please see this recent AgileBits' response.

Stephen

• peiKINGer
    peiKINGer
    Community Member

thanks for letting me know ...

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :smile:

• mattajohnson
    mattajohnson
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

deleted my comment, as I didn't realize the discussion continued onto another page and my question was already answered.

Here's hoping beta 5 comes out soon with a fix!

• Thanks @mattajohnson. :)

Ben

• Kevin2010
    Kevin2010
    Community Member

10.14 Beta 5 is out, Touch ID is working now.

• dst87
    dst87
    Community Member

@Kevin2010 That's wonderful news... just as my MacBook Pro is with Apple having the screen replaced! :smile:

• Thanks for the update @Kevin2010. :) That is great to hear. I'll update the thread title.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.