7.06 working on iPad and iPhone but even after password reset nothing is accepted.

Options
freddyg
freddyg
Community Member

I tried several of my old passwords. Nothing works. I. deleted V6 and V7 and downloaded and installed V7 from mac app store. Tried the new password from the reset but still nothing..

1Password Version: 7.04
Extension Version: 7.04
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Password no accepted on iMac...version 7

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @freddyg! I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing just now. Unfortunately, without a little more information, it's difficult to say what might be going wrong with your 1Password setup. Do you mean you tried entering your Master Password, and that did not work? If so, where did you enter it? Can you tell us what steps you took, and where things started to go wrong? Thanks in advance.

• freddyg
    freddyg
    Community Member
    Options

I upgraded to V 7 on my iMac. I opened 1Passord app. It asked for a new password creation. I did that. Went to log in and it did not take it. Tried old login and did not take that one either. All this was done from the 1Password app in my application file. The old password is working on both my iPad and iPhone. I deleted V7. Went back and installed v6. It did not help. I deleted that and reinstalled V7. Still nothing. I wonder if there is something in my library that I can remove and then either reinstall or update with new master password.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@freddyg - apologies for the delay in my response. It sounds as if what you did was create a 1password.com account. Could that be the case? In 1Password on your iPad or iPhone, please open Settings > Vaults and let me know what you see there: just a list of the vaults will be fine. Thanks in advance.

• freddyg
    freddyg
    Community Member
    Options

I see: Add Demo Vault
    Sync Additional Vault
    a message telling me what vaults do.
    I am concerned that if"sync additional vault" I will lose the password for iPad and & iPhone...both of which now work under old password.

• MrRooni
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi @freddyg. I think we may need to take this to email to get it properly sorted out. I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: url
    • Your forum username: username

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

ref: NSK-16671-741

This discussion has been closed.