Crash after click on "open and fill"

claus
claus
Community Member

Hi,
I click on an URL (open and fill) in 1Pwd (newest versions) and the app crashes.
Then it is not possible anymore to use 1Pwd in Safari, I guess 1Pwd Mini (?) crashes and quits.
Possible to reproduce it.
Greetings,
Claus

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@claus - sorry for the trouble! Two questions: where is 1Password 7 for Mac located? Is it in your Applications folder, or somewhere else (like perhaps in ~/Applications instead)? And secondly: what is your default browser set to? I know you mentioned Safari, but is that the default?

• claus
    claus
    Community Member

I use the "browser" Choosy (default browser) which checks first the URL and opens Safari, Chrome or Firefox for specific domains predefined URLs. As soon as I change the default browser to Safari all goes well with 1Pwd.

• claus
    claus
    Community Member

Ok, I found the bug: The default browser is "Choosy", a "browser" which checks the URL first after clicking e.g. in Mail) and opens a specific browser. I use Firefox for Amazon only and Chrome for Facebook only. All other pages open in Safari.
    I changed the default browser to Safari and ... no crash of 1Pwd anymore!
    About Choosy: https://www.choosyosx.com

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@claus -- ah, yup: that'll do it, every time. To be honest with you, I feel your pain; I, too, enjoy using Choosy. But for the present it just doesn't work. However, we do have something cooking in beta which may be to your liking on that score. If you're not into running beta software, you can still check out the release notes -- after all, what's in beta now will most likely wind up in the stable release soon. :)

This discussion has been closed.