Why doesn't support answer, I have tried for three days and gotten one response

csmith62959
csmith62959
Community Member

I purchase v7 and updated from v6 on my MacPro laptop. Things worked well for several days and now all the logins are gone from the laptop. My other devices work, iPhone 8, and iPad. The desktop is an iMac that can't update to v7 and is still running 6. I began requesting help Monday. I got one response for a diagnostic. I requested urgent help to no avail. I wrote five times yesterday for am update of my problem and got no response. I liked 1Password but the support is appalling. I just want my system to work again.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@csmith62959 - I'm sorry for the trouble, and for the delay in our responses. Since the near-simultaneous launch of 1Password 7 for Windows and 1Password 7 for Mac, we've had a surge of support requests. We're working hard to get back to our usual quick response times, but in the meantime, we appreciate your patience. Actually, we appreciate your cooperation as well. It looks like since you posted this, my colleague Laura has exchanged several emails with you. She'll take good care of you; let's keep the conversation going via email, if you don't mind. When we have to coordinate responses to the same question/issue posted to multiple points of contact (email, Twitter, here) among multiple team members, it slows down the support times for everyone, including you. Thanks for your cooperation. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@csmith62959 - oh, and one other piece of advice, for the future?

I wrote five times yesterday for an update and got no response

When you write in to our email support system, it creates a "ticket." We respond to them in the order they're received, which means at times like these, that can be less-than-immediate. And each time someone (you OR us) "replies" to that ticket (i.e. - writes anything new on it), it goes to the end of the line because it's the most-recently-responded-to. So, when you write in again, multiple times, you're only bumping your own request further and further backwards in line, towards "most recently written." The result is that we won't see this (the first time) because we're all answering ones that have been waiting much longer, based on the time-stamp of the most-recent email.

This discussion has been closed.