1Password 7 for Mac won't allow me to add my account as the + button simply does not function.

TCov777
TCov777
Community Member

Re-installed MAcOS from old time machine backup following crash, re-downloaded 1Password 7 and it won't accept my password. In preferences, I tried to add my account (I have all the info from the emergency kit) but the + button is simply not functioning.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: High Sierra 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 for Mac won't allow me to add my account as the + button simply does not function.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @TCov777! I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing just now after reinstalling macOS. If you had previously been using standalone data in 1Password, but then created a 1password.com account, you may have used a different Master Password for that -- is that possible? Without a little information from you, it may be difficult to know what exactly is wrong and how we might right it. Can you tell me why you re-installed 1Password 7, and what steps you took, specifically? You restored from a Time Machine backup...which would have included 1Password 7 for Mac, right? Or not?

Prior to the crash, which version of 1Password were you using, and did you have a 1password.com membership or were you using standalone data in 1Password? The more detail you can give me, the better.

This discussion has been closed.