Have license and cannot get chrome extension

tekgirl02
tekgirl02
Community Member

I have had a license with 1 Password for years. I need the extension for Chrome, but when I try to install it, I get the screen with name, email, secret key - I have a standalone license, so no secret key. I cannot login to my account now because I have no secret key. This is so annoying and although I have been a customer for many years, I am ready to ditch this software. Please advise.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @tekgirl

It sounds like you installed the 1Password X extension, which is for membership customers. You can install the regular browser extension, which requires 1Password for Mac, here:

https://1password.com/downloads/

(Under “Browser Extensions” — click on the Chrome icon)

You’ll want to uninstall 1Password X if you aren’t planning to upgrade to membership.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• tekgirl02
    tekgirl02
    Community Member

Thanks Ben - you are correct...the problem is I cannot upgrade to the latest Mac version because I have an older Mac...looks like my only choice is the membership?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tekgirl02 - for now, yes. If you're able to run 1Password X in Chrome on your Mac, then a 1password.com membership would be the only way you can continue using 1Password -- unless you want to continue using whatever legacy version of 1Password for Mac is available for your setup. For the record, the system requirements can be found at this support page. We don't recommend people use legacy versions of 1Password, but we do understand sometimes people are hardware-limited.

This discussion has been closed.