Double clicking password stored in Secure Note doesn't select all of it

Mork
Mork
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

I have some sites that aren't available for password entry directly since they're on a different computer or whatever. So for these few sites, I just store the user and password in a secure note. However, when I need to get the password, I try to double click the "complex" password (with symbols and such) in the secure note but 1P7 won't select all of it due to what it thinks is a complete string.

Is there a way to tell 1P7 that when I double click something, I want the entire contiguous string of characters? This current behavior seems like an oversight of what most users would want.

Maybe you'll just tell me to use a login instead and copy it that way, but, if so, that suggestion still would not address this current behavior.

Thanks in advance,

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Mork - I'm not sure I understood what you're doing (or trying to do), but if you mean that you stored a password in a Secure Note in Plain Text (i.e. - as just part of the note), that's not how I'd recommend storing it. In a Secure Note, you can create a new field and switch the field-type to Password, then either use the generator to generate a new one for you or, alternatively, paste or type in whatever you like. When you click "Save" on the record, you'll have your password obfuscated just like it is in a Login record, and it'll also have a hover-over "Copy" menu which will copy the entire field for you.

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member

Ok, that's cool! I did not know about that feature in secure notes. Very nice.

Solves the problem nicely.

Thanks!! :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mork - glad I could help! :)

• Mork
    Mork
    Community Member

You d'man! Thanks again. :)

• Lars
    Lars