Touch ID is activated in 1Password, but I don't get the option of using it when I open the app

jeff_wergeles
jeff_wergeles
Community Member

Touch ID is activated and working on my MacBook Pro and it is enabled within the 1Password app, however when I open the app I am not given the opportunity to use Touch ID. Any suggestions for getting this to work?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: macOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Touch ID isn't working on my MacBook Pro

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jeff_wergeles! Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing just now. Please read through the steps outlined here to make sure you've got the settings set up correctly, and let us know if you continue to have difficulties.

• frnkr
    frnkr
    Community Member

Just wanted to tell that I had same problem as everyone else - Touch ID didn't show up, but after todays update (7.0.5.BETA-2) my Touch ID is working again! This is sooooo nice. Thanks :)

• jeff_wergeles
    jeff_wergeles
    Community Member

The problem is that I am not getting the TouchID button on the lock screen.

• frnkr
    frnkr
    Community Member

Just wanted to tell that I had same problems as everyone else, but after todays update (7.0.5.BETA-2) my Touch ID is working again! This is sooooo nice. Thanks :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@frnkr - glad to hear it! :) :+1:

• Asyd Rayn
    Asyd Rayn
    Community Member

Hmm, running 7.0.5 -beta 3 and still seeing this on my macbook pro.

• Asyd Rayn
    Asyd Rayn
    Community Member

I'm using v7.0.5-beta-3 and still having the issue after trying the troubleshooting steps above. TouchID works for everything else though.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Asyd Rayn Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing just now. Can you tell me: what version of macOS are you using currently?

• jeff_wergeles
    jeff_wergeles
    Community Member

I just updated to 7.0.6 and I am still not offered the option of using Touch ID to login. The fingerprint icon is nonexistent on the screen and is subdued (not activated) on the touch bar. Touch ID is activated and working in my MacBook Pro will all apps except 1Password. It used to work and now it doesn't. This needs to be fixed. Now. What are the solutions?

• gazu
    gazu
    Community Member

@jeff_wergeles It won't be fixed. "Now".

Software development takes time to do properly. You need to send a diagnostics report to 1Password so they can determine what's going wrong on your individual system.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

• jeff_wergeles
    jeff_wergeles
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

wow, gazu, if you are an employee of 1Password, they need to conduct additional customer service seminars. While a customer may express attitude due to frustration with a product, it is bad form for the business’s representative to throw attitude back. Just sayin’.

• guilhermearaujo
    guilhermearaujo
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem with 7.0.6

• rudy
    edited July 2018

@jeff_wergeles, @guilhermearaujo,

gazu isn't an employee, employee replies have an indicator to the right of the reply to indicate they're a member of the 1Password team.

your best option would be to send us a diagnostics report as your post really doesn't have enough information to narrow down the cause of the problem

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• testastretta
    testastretta
    Community Member

7.0.7 is exhibiting the same problem. Double-checked preferences; I should only be prompted to type the master password once every two weeks (or after a reboot of the machine, I assume). It is not allowing me to use Touch ID far too often as of late.

macos 10.14 Beta (18A314k).

• jeff_wergeles
    jeff_wergeles
    Community Member

Thank you, Rudy. I greatly appreciate your answer. And, I just turned my computer on after having been off for the past two days and Touch ID is now working with 1Password. When I opened the app I saw the finger prints icon again. I signed in, waited a while for the app to time our, and when I reopened it was given the option to use Touch ID. Not sure what happened, but I am a happy camper. Thanks.

• Asyd Rayn
    Asyd Rayn
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

Hi @Lars I'm using Mojave. My support ticket number is #MJI-26121-414 for the diagnostic report sent. Thanks for that post @rudy

• guilhermearaujo
    guilhermearaujo
    Community Member

@rudy my ticket is #SLB-79411-788. I have just updated to Mojave beta 3, and the behavior is just like as in beta 2.

• Hi folks,

Thanks for the reports. There is a known issue with Mojave that prevents Touch ID from working in 1Password. We're working closely with Apple to track that issue down. At this point the only way to use Touch ID with 1Password is to revert to macOS 10.13.

Thanks.

Ben

• Asyd Rayn
    Asyd Rayn
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

Thanks @Ben, the best we can do is hurry up and wait.

• Unfortunately that is the case.

Ben

• jtarrio
    jtarrio
    Community Member

I am having the same issue with Touch ID. It was working fine until it suddenly stopped working. I am running 1Password 7.1.BETA-0 on High Sierra 10.13.5. Now I don't get the option to use Touch ID on the lock screen and the Touch ID icon is greyed out on the touchbar. I have emailed a diagnostics capture as per instructions in this thread. Support case number is #DKL-22519-236. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jtarrio: Thanks! Can you tell me more about this?

It was working fine until it suddenly stopped working.

When did you start experiencing problems, and what was the context? Was it after a specific update of macOS or 1Password, or something else?

ref: DKL-22519-236

• jtarrio
    jtarrio
    Community Member
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

To avoid trying to talk about this in multiple places at once, let's continue the conversation there since it's a Keychain issue.

• Asyd Rayn
    Asyd Rayn
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

New Mac update today seems to have touch id working again. I just now used it. Auto-fill is working again as well.

• guilhermearaujo
    guilhermearaujo
    Community Member

Indeed, I just updated to macOS Mojave beta 5, and Touch ID is working once again.
    The UI, however, did not display the message saying that the password was required the first time, which is a minor issue.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Asyd Rayn @guilhermearaujo -- glad to hear it! I'm sure both of you know this, but this is kinda the process of working with betas, sometimes. Thanks for bearing with us and Apple as we prepare the next version of goodies. :)

• Asyd Rayn
    Asyd Rayn
    Community Member

@Lars yes, it's nice that it's back working again. Although, the pop-up warning every time that "1Password is unlocking..." is annoying. Is that Apple or 1password? Can it be turned off.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Asyd Rayn - Unfortunately not...unless you're willing to forego Touch ID altogether, as per rudy's comment in this thread.

• @Asyd Rayn,

That's Apple's dialog to indicate something is trying to use Touch ID.

This discussion has been closed.