my passwords are stored as an agile keychain in dropbox - how do I get password7 to recognise

DamienS
DamienS
Community Member

my passwords are stored as an agile keychains file within dropbox and shared by 3 machines. a reinstall of my MacBook has updated 1password to ver7 but when I try to connect it doesn't recognise. I have read I should set up a new I-vault file and import from the agile keychain but does this mean I need to then upgrade all apps and link to the new op file to continue to access and update the same archive? also should I remain with dropbox or should I set up on a 1password accounts? thanks

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:my passwords are stored in an agile keychain on dropbox.... how do I set up password 7 to recognise

Comments

• Hi @DamienS

Thanks for taking the time to write in. 1Password 7 is not compatible with our legacy Agile Keychain sync format. Instead it requres the newer OPVault sync format. This format will work with both 1Password 6 and 1Password 7. You can learn about how to upgrade to OPVault here:

How to switch to the OPVault format from Agile Keychain | 1Password

Please do note that unless using a membership 1Password 7 does require a separate purchase from 1Password 6. There are a lot of benefits to membership, including no longer having to use Dropbox to sync your 1Password data. You can read more about the benefits here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.