How do I get icons for items to be downloaded automatically from websites?

jhmoreno
jhmoreno
Community Member

Prior version of 1Password would automatically download the icon for an item from the corresponding website.
Version 7 apparently does no longer do it. I have created some new items, but the icons are not automatically inserted, as in the prior version. Do I need to do something specific for that?

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:how do I get icons downloaded automatically?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@jhmoreno so long as you have, in 1Password 7 > Preferences > General under Display, checked Show rich icons it should be working. If you're missing some, as opposed to all icons it may just be that AgileBits has not collected icons for those sites.

Stephen

• jhmoreno
    jhmoreno
    Community Member

Stephen - thanks for your reply. I think the case is as follows: items in the Login category get an icon automatically, but items in the Memberships category do not. Since the Membership items also have a website field, I was expecting they would also get an icon downloaded automatically. I am following the approach recommended in other Q&A to have one item to record the information of an institution and another item for the login information. I was expecting both would get the icon automatically. Why is that not possible?

Thanks again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jhmoreno!

Since the Membership items also have a website field, I was expecting they would also get an icon downloaded automatically.

As far as I know, this has never been the case for Membership items; only Logins get rich icons downloaded and embedded automatically. It is possible to do, however, if you wish. You can download the site icon yourself, then in the Membership record in question, you can click "Edit" and double-click the default icon, then replace it with the icon you downloaded.

• jhmoreno
    jhmoreno
    Community Member

Thanks again. Since it can be done for login items, it would be a nice additional feature that it can also be done for other items, so that users don't have to go through the manual process you describe. Please consider this as a request for a future feature of 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's something we can consider, but we keep pretty busy with just Rich Icons for Logins. So, more of a stretch goal. In the mean time, Custom Icons can be added at your discretion, so you can even choose the ones you want to use. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.