Vault slow to unlock

JesperJess
JesperJess
Community Member

Whenever I try to unlock my vault via the Safari browser ext. it takes around 30 sec. to unlock.
It started after I re-did my setup, going from standalone license of ver. 6, to a subscription based license and version 7.0.4

I unlock using TouchID on a 2017 MacBook Pro.

It used to only take about a second or two to unlock...

Any tips for speeding this up?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:vault slow to unlock

Comments

• Hi @JesperJess ,

Can you be more specific. Is the 30 seconds the time it takes to open 1Password and show the lock screen, or the time it takes from entering your Master Password to seeing the app unlock?

Also, do you have a very large number of vaults (tens to hundreds) in your account. If so, we are making some improvements to those with a large number of vaults. Those improvements are coming along nicely, but aren't ready for release just yet.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• JesperJess
    JesperJess
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Hi @ag_kevin ,

It is the time that passes after the macOS TouchID prompt:

That will accept my fingerprint right away, but then it stalls at this window:

I only have one vault with about 220 times in it.

Digging a little deeper, I think there is a more fundamental problem with my 1Password installation.
    When I click the 1P icon in the menu bar I get spinning beach ball.
    When I click around the different categories in 1P I get spinning beach ball.

Hope you have some suggestion.
    Let me know in case you need more info.

Thanks,
    Jesper

• Hi @JesperJess ,

One more question: if you cancel TouchID and log in with your Master Password, does it stall while entering your Master Password?

If so, I'd like to get a sample from 1Password on your computer. The next time the issue occurs, please do the following while it is hung up. Make sure it is sampling while 1Password is locked up or else the sample won't see what's wrong. You may want to do step 1 ahead of time, then switch over to 1Password and unlock, and come back and do step 2.

1. Open the Activity Monitor and search for "1Password 7"
    2. Select it and choose "Sample Process" from the Gear icon in the toolbar.
    3. When it is finished, save the sample to a file.
    4. Email that file to support+mac@agilebits.com and paste a link to this forum thread.

This will show us what was holding up 1Password and will hopefully tell us how to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• JesperJess
    JesperJess
    Community Member

Hi @ag_kevin ,

It seems a little faster now over all for some reason...

I have sampled the process as you requested.
    Done using the master pw and not TouchID.

Thanks.
    Jesper

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@JesperJess - great! If you can send that to us, along with a diagnostics report from your Mac, that would be great. Here's how to generate the latter:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/92518/vault-slow-to-unlock
    • Your forum username: @JesperJess

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

ref: ZKJ-28289-227

• rburgst
    rburgst
    Community Member

Hi, any updates on this? Have the same issue, unlocking often takes like 2s or more on an MBP Touchbar Late 2016 Core i7 and 16GB RAM. Is there some way to reduce the WhizBang UI? I dont need nifty animations, I'd rather have it open 500ms faster.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rburgst - no updates, no. We don't normally announce progress reports on feature requests or bug fixes, as many factors (some beyond our control) affect them. Please stay tuned. 😀

This discussion has been closed.