Delete old "Passwords"

Mork
Mork
Community Member

I've got over 80 Passwords that have accumulated and I'm wondering if it's OK to delete them.

I already have the logins from those passwords so not sure why I would still need these entries.

Can you please clarify?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

1Password creates entries in the Passwords category for password items that are not initially linked to any item in the Logins category. So long as you're sure that all of the passwords are safely stored in your Logins category you can safely delete them.

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Mork - @Stephen_C is correct. If you use 1Password's Strong Password Generator, it will ALWAYS save a copy into the "Passwords" category, because there's always the chance that some unusual login page coding would confuse 1Password and cause it not to save the password as part of a Login item -- or maybe just that you'd dismiss the prompt inadvertently. In such cases, if you didn't have the raw password saved, you might be locked out of your own account at that site, so we save the password separately...just in case.

All of which means: yes, you can safely delete them as long as you're certain you either do not need them or have them captured already as part of other Login items. :)

This discussion has been closed.