1Password7 can't verify the identity of Opera53 Mac

tonycookdesigner
tonycookdesigner
Community Member

Running Opera 53.0.2907.106, 1Password extension 4.7.1.90 and 1P7.0.4 and I can't use with Opera as all I get it the "1Password can't verify the identity of your web browser'.

All the posts I've already found seem to be dealing with iP6 which the 6.8.9 update has fixed.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:can't verify the identity of your web browser

Comments

• @tonycookdesigner,

Do you have both 1Password and the Opera.app in your /Applications folder?

• tonycookdesigner
    tonycookdesigner
    Community Member

Yep, both in Applications. Additionally 1Password extension works fine in FF, S & C.

• Just to clarify: both are in the /Applications folder at the root of the drive, not in ~/Applications (within your home directory)? And they aren’t in a sub-directory? If that is indeed the case I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/92556/1password7-cant-verify-the-identity-of-opera53-mac#latest
    • Your forum username: tonycookdesigner

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• tonycookdesigner
    tonycookdesigner
    Community Member

Yep, both in root Applications folder, no subfolders.

Report emailed

• Hi @tonycookdesigner

I’m not finding your report.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Could you please check the above directions and post your support ID here so that we can link the two communications?

Thank you!

Ben

• tonycookdesigner
    tonycookdesigner
    Community Member

[#ZUA-97115-321]

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Thanks @tonycookdesigner! We will be in contact shortly.

ref: ZUA-97115-321

• tonycookdesigner
    tonycookdesigner
    Community Member

Any update to this as it's now been 14 days since your last post?

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

Hi @tonycookdesigner apologies for the delayed response and thank you for following up. Rudy took a look at your diagnostics report and determined that the cause of the issue is that you are still running 1Password 6 alongside 1Password 7 and Opera's NM host file is pointed at 1Password 6's NM host file.

Here is how you can fix this issue:

1. Delete 1Password 6 by dragging the 1Password 6.app.zip file to the Trash.
    2. Re-download and install the latest version of Opera.
    3. Launch 1Password 7 to cause the NM host file to get overwritten.
This discussion has been closed.