want to delete account but Master Password is not accepted for either the Mac app or the 1PW website

Options
rkremsdo
rkremsdo
Community Member

1PW works fine on iOS devices using the app's password, FaceID, and TouchID but the password wouldn't work on my Mac account. I set up a new trial with a different email address, and subscribed, and have synced up the data with the new online account. When I run 1PW either from Safari or as the Mac app, it only permits attempted logins to the old account, which of course I can't get into. It does not permit adding the new account. I uninstalled both the Mac app and the Mac data per the website instructions without any change. If you kill the original account, will I be able to start using the Mac and safari tools to access the new data store under the different email and security credentials?

1Password Version: 7.04
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: osx 10.13.4
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @rkremsdo! I'm sorry for the trouble just now, but I'm also not entirely sure I understand what you're doing. 1Password for Mac (and Windows) is designed so that you can add as many different accounts into it as you like, provided you have the credentials for them (email address, Secret Key, Master Password). I myself have my own 1Password Families account for my real family, my AgileBits account for my work here, and about half a dozen other testing or demo accounts I use in the course of my work to test things out without risking real data. All of them can be added into 1Password for Mac and work just fine.

If you're using a browser, there will be a link down at the bottom of the page that says "Choose a different account" which will have all of the accounts you've ever signed into that URL from, in that browser. Below that will be another link marked "Sign into another account" if you have still more that you haven't signed into yet using this particular browser.

If that's not what you meant, can you elaborate a bit? Thanks.

• rkremsdo
    rkremsdo
    Community Member
    Options

The problem is that I couldn't get into the 1PW account via browser or Mac app using what I am sure is the correct password(or 1 of the many variations I tried). When I did get a prompt to add another account, it wouldn't let me because I wasn't signed in.

It appears that 1PW is looking at the account with the defective password even after I delete the app and associated data.

Since it works fine on my iOS devices with the same password and via FaceID and TouchID so I still have access to the logins etc. However, I can 't get them to work on the Mac. I setup a new account with a gmail address and sync'd the data so I can see the data on the web login but it doesn't show up in the Mac 1PW app or in the Safari extension.

Is there an option for a paid tech support call?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rkremsdo - thanks for the clarification.

Is there an option for a paid tech support call?

We don't have telephone support for 1Password, but I definitely think this is one that should move to our email support, as it's likely to involve discussing the specifics of your 1Password setup and account(s), which should not be on this public forum. I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from B of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#QRJ-62521-321]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @rkremsdo only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: QRJ-62521-321

• rkremsdo
    rkremsdo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I've submitted emails from Mac and iPhone for review.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rkremsdo - great! One of us will be with you shortly. :)

This discussion has been closed.