can you run version 6 and 7 on same account?

dfew_mom
dfew_mom
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

I have two iMacs, one of which is too old to be compatible with 1password7. If I upgrade to 7 will it still sync with my computer running 6? I also use the program on two iPads and two iPhones. I am concerned that the wonderful program will get all confused....

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can you run version 6 and 7 on same account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @dfew_mom! Because 1Password 6 for Mac will no longer be receiving development attention due to the release of 1Password 7 for Mac, there may come a time in the future when the requirements of 1password.com accounts outstrip what 1Password 6 for Mac is capable of...but that time has not yet come and indeed is not even on the horizon. For now, as long as 1Password 6 for Mac can be used with 1password.com accounts, you can certainly use the setup you described, just like you can use different platforms like Mac and Windows, iOS and Android, all with the same 1password.com account.

• dfew_mom
    dfew_mom
    Community Member

Good to know - thank you so much for your timely response. Like duplicate checks, 1Password has played a part in solidifying my marriage :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dfew_mom - Ha! Well, I'm glad to hear it, even if it's not the kind of testimonial we can put on the front page ( 1Password: strengthening marriages since 2006 ) ;) Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.