Install 1PW7 on my laptop I have a license for my iMac

Charlieben
Charlieben
Community Member

How do I install 1PW7 on my laptop. Support says it will install automatically from iCloud. I have it downloaded on my lap top and it says read only. I have tried to sync with iCloud and it says iCloud not available. How do I get my license to my Laptop? iCloud is working on my laptop

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Install1PW7 on my laptop

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @Charlieben

If you have already purchased a 1Password 7 license, you should be able to download an apply it to your copy of 1Password 7 by following the instructions in your license email. If you have not purchased a 1Password 7 license yet, you can do so by clicking on that Read Only button.

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

I'm in a similar situation because I can't currently install 1Pwd7 on my iMac. What I did was just download the app to my Downloads folder and I also downloaded the license applet from the email. I did the same two downloads to my MacBook Air on which I COULD install 1Pwd7. So the MBA is running a licensed version of 1Pwd 7 while the installer for the app & license are sitting on my iMac until I can get it set up to allow 1Pwd7 on it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@romad - I'm not quite sure what the delay is due to...? If you purchased a license for 1Password 7 for Mac from our FastSpring store, and you're able to download the license file (or view the email which contains a link to it) on your iMac, then you should certainly be able to both install 1Password 7 for Mac and also license it. Double-clicking the license file should cause 1Password to install it automatically. Is that not what happened?

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

No, Lars, the delay is because 1Pwd7 requires MacOS 10.12.x but the iMac currently has 10.11.6. Later this year I'll put 10.12.x on the iMac and 10.13.x on the MBA.

• @romad,

no 10.14?

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

No, Rudy, I'm very conservative on updating Mac OS but especially on these mid-2011 models. So once I update the MBA to High Sierra (10.13.x), I will update the iMac to Sierra (10.12.6). Apple has dropped support in Mojave (10.14) for models earlier than Late-2012 thus High Sierra is as far as I can go; I'll have to see how it goes with the MBA before putting it on the iMac. Additionally since Apple is now downplaying the Mac, I probably won't be buying new Macs anymore.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@romad - ok, so you're just waiting to upgrade? That's fine...and you can use 1Password 6 for Mac in the meantime. If you're using a 1password.com account OR a standalone setup synced via iCloud or Dropbox, there shouldn't be any incompatibility issues between using version 7 on one device and version 6 on another. :)

This discussion has been closed.