Open Trash, Save Documents in Finder & Delete Vault

nokin50
nokin50
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

I recently upgraded from v6 to v7.0.4 on MacOS and am having some very basic questions about the interface changes.

1) How do you open the trash? In v6 there was a trash can below the list of vaults on the left side of the app. I can’t find the trash. I must be missing something obvious.

2) How do you save a document to the finder? In v6 I would add attachments to secure documents. You could simply drag the attachments to the finder to save outside of 1Password, where it would be copied to the Finder. In v7, linked attachments in secure notes are now “documents” and dragging the document to the Finder no longer functions. It “seems” you now need to click “Quick Look,” then “Show in Finder,” then “copy” item to a new location (I suspect “dragging” to a new locations would cause problems). Is there a “cleaner” way to accomplish this?

3) I had saved several old vaults to my Mac as I transitioned from Dropbox sync to 1Password.com sync. When I was done with the transition, I wanted to delete these vaults. I could delete 3 of the 4 vaults easily. However, there seems to be no option to delete the 4th vault. How do I do this?

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Hi @nokin50 ,

1. There is the trash at the bottom of the sidebar on the left. If the vault list is open, you will need to close it first. But once you do that, scroll to the bottom of the sidebar and you should see the trash there. Click it and it'll show the items in the trash.

2. We have an issue open with the development team to improve this. The quicklook preview technology has changed a bit in macOS 10.13 making our previous way to drag and drop to the Finder inoperable. We're looking for a what around that. Right now the solution is to download the document (if you haven't already), and then click the popup menu in the centre and choose "Show In Finder". Then drag the document to wherever you like.

3. The 4th vault (it should be the Primary vault, correct) can be deleted by switching to it, and then choosing Delete Vault… from the Vault menu.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• nokin50
    nokin50
    Community Member

Thanks,
    1) Yes... I always had it open when looking for the trash. Not sure why it's not available when it's open... a little confusing, but perhaps there is a reason fro this(?). If not, I suggest you keep the trash there regardless if it is open or not.

2) Yes... please re-instate the ability to drag items to save them. The current procedure is not intuitive.

3) I have no idea what i was doing where I couldn't delete the Primary vault, when had no problem with the others. It happened on two different computers! Anyway, they are gone now!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nokin50 - thanks, we'll take your suggestions into account, and glad to hear you're having success with removing Primary vault(s) on your computers. :)

This discussion has been closed.