Importing 1Password 6 data into 1Password 7 - problem

jonweisberger
jonweisberger
Community Member

I've been using 1Password 6 using iCloud sync. I downloaded 1Password 7 from the website, installed and opened, but at the point where the subscription/license options were offered, I decided I would rather use the Mac App Store version. So I closed 1Password 7, deleted the app, then downloaded from Mac App Store, opened and signed up. A new vault was created. How can I import my old data into 1Password 7 now? If it helps, I still have my iOS 1Password app pointing to the old iCloud vault.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jonweisberger, welcome to the forum! We are happy to help.

Before I can assist you, I would like to clarify one thing: are you looking to transfer your old iCloud data to a new 1Password account?

I am asking because the 1Password version offered through the Mac App Store requires a 1Password account, while the version from our website supports both the subscription and standalone licenses.

• jonweisberger
    jonweisberger
    Community Member

Hey, thanks for the response - figured it out in my own...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jonweisberger - on behalf of JadC, you're quite welcome! Glad you were able to get things squared away on your own. Let us know if you have any further difficulties or questions - cheers! :)

• CharleyM
    CharleyM
    Community Member

In just upgraded to a membership for v. 7 on my iMac and made a new master password. I have version 6 with 800 items in it. The setup on my Mac at first did not import anything from v. 6, did not ask me to delete it, nothing. Acted as if it isn't there. Now, 2 hrs later, 128 items (out of 828) have showed up. Don't know why or how to get the rest

I also have 1Password on my iPad and iPhone, both running iOs 12.1. I added the new account to each, but apparently they are older v versions as they still need their old passwords.

I'm lost.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like you installed 1Password 7 but didn't open your existing data there, setting it up with only an account. In that case, it isn't possible for 1Password 7 to migrate your existing data to the account. Then I guess you migrated some data into the account on another device. The 1Password app on any device will unlock using the Master Password of the first vault/account you have setup there, so unless you remove the old vault, you'll need to use its Master Password to unlock. Where do you have all of your 1Password data currently -- on which device, and the OS/1Password versions there?

This discussion has been closed.