Error message when logging in

Ayara Nidajat
Ayara Nidajat
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

Hello and thanks for reading this.
In my MBP, after restarting and logging in I get the following error message.
No idea what it means and what I need to do but would appreciate if someone told me... :)
(As far as I know, it is the latest version of 1P)
Thanks.
AN

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @Ayara Nidajat,

It means that the particular copy of 1Password that's running is older than the one that you were previously using. This specifically can happen if you're running a beta version of 1Password that changes the database schema and then go back to a previous release version.

The icon overlaid on the hazard sign also appears to be from 1Password 6 and not 7.

Is it possible you launched a copy of 1Password 6 by mistake?

• Ayara Nidajat
    Ayara Nidajat
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Thanks Rudy for your reply.
    Well... depends who you ask.
    If you asked me the answer would be “No way!!!”
    If you asked my wife she would tell you “Oh, yeah! Sure! He can do anything by mistake!!!”
    😊
    How can I check what’s going on? What do I need to do ?

BTW, it would be weird, because the first thing I did was checking which version is running and it said 7.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Ayara Nidajat - the first thing to do is a Spotlight search of your Mac. Type ⌘-space to bring up Spotlight, then type 1Password into the search bar. Wait for the results (there will be a bunch of them), then scroll down and click "Show All in Finder." Look for any 1Password applications you have (they're grouped together by Kind, so all the apps should be together). See if you have any copies besides the current 1Password 7 for Mac still on your Mac. If you do, open Activity Monitor (within your Utilities folder inside your Applications folder), and quit all running 1Password processes. Then delete the extra, unneeded 1Password apps (just the apps, not supporting files). Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash. Reopen 1Password 7 for Mac and see if that helps any. :)

• Ayara Nidajat
    Ayara Nidajat
    Community Member

Hello Lars.
    Thanks for your response.
    I found the 1P 6 app.

But when opened Activity Monitor there were 2 processes: 1Password 7 and 1Password Extension Helper.
    When I tried to quit the 7, it wouldn't, so I force quit it, but the 1P EH wouldn't quit even with the force quit option.

Should I just ignore it, let it go on running and erase the 1P 6 in the finder?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Ayara Nidajat Can you see the 1Password icon in your Mac's menubar? If so, hold down the option key and click "Quit 1Password completely," then proceed. If you can't see it, then don't worry about it, go ahead and proceed.

• Ayara Nidajat
    Ayara Nidajat
    Community Member

Hi Lars.
    Did that. No icon in the menubar, so deleted the app.
    Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!
    If for some reason I'll find any problem related, I'll post here.
    AN

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Ayara Nidajat Sounds good! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.