I Have a License and Can't Login

Options
radioactivebug
radioactivebug
Community Member

My MacBook Pro crashed and I had to recover it using TimeMachine. When everything was recovered, I got a notification that I need to download 1Password 7. I did, and not it's asking me to sign in using my secret key. I skip over that part, but I still can't login in. Everything works fine on my iPhone and iPad. I'm running High Sierra V 10.13.5. Any help..?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @radioactivebug

I’m sorry for the confusion and to hear about your McBook Pro crashing. 1Password 7 for Mac is a separate purchase and not a required upgrade. You won’t be able to use it without either subscribing to a 1Password membership (which includes all upgrades) or purchasing a new standalone license. For right now, to get back up and running, please quit 1Password 7, drag it to the trash, and then empty the trash. Then reinstall 1Password 6. That should get you going. Once you’ve had time to make sure everything is working properly after the recovery you may want to consider upgrading to a 1Password membership:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

One of the thing this gives you is automatic off-site backups of your 1Password data, as well as access to your data through a web interface. Both of these feaures may have proven to be helpful in a situation like this.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• radioactivebug
    radioactivebug
    Community Member
    Options

It worked @Ben! Thanks!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018
    Options

You’re very welcome. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

ref: AIW-13993-749

This discussion has been closed.