Migrate data from v3 to v7

Options
Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

I'm currently using 1Password 3.x on an iMac that is running Mac OS X 10.7 aka Lion and I'm thinking about replacing the iMac with a more recent model.
Now the question is, how can I migrate the 1Password 3 data over to the new Mac and use 1Password 7 there? I've found this article https://support.1password.com/cs/upgrade-mac-v3/ but it seems to be meant as an in-place-upgrade, which is not possible on Lion.
Can I just copy over that backup file that is created in step "2.1" to the new Mac and import it into 1Password 7 as in step "3.4"?
I have a family subscription, so licensing is not an issue

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Manaburner: It's much simpler than it seems. 1Password 3 uses AgileKeychain vaults. While 1Password 7 does not use AgileKeychain, it can import them. So you just need to copy the vault you've been using on the old Mac to the new one, and you can get the data out of it. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty
    ok I will try that once we have decided which iMac we'll choose or if we wait until after the Apple keynote later this year :)
    Thank you for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ha! No problem. I'm right there with you. Hang in there! ;) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.