After cancelling 1Password 7 for Mac, 1Password 6 on my Mac & iPhone no longer sync

Options
Glads
Glads
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

Signed up to 1PW 7 for Mac free trial from 1PW 6. 1PW 7 would not recognise my Secret Key. As AgileBits are not responding to my requests for help, I uninstalled 1PW 7 and reinstated 1PW 6. 1PW on my Mac & iPhone should sync again through Dropbox. I don't know how to find out which 1PW version I have on my iPhone except that it lets me login with my finger print.

While I couldn't get into 1PW 7 on my Mac I added a few new logins to 1PW on my iPhone. Now that I am using 1PW 6 again on my Mac, it is not picking up the logins I added.

What do I do to get sync working as it should again?

ref: ZLS-42664-943

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.8.8
OS Version: High Sierra 10.13.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:After cancelling 1Password 7 for Mac, 1Password 6 on my mac is not syncing with my iphone

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @Glads, welcome to the forum! We are happy to help.

Apologies for the delayed support responses; we have been backed up since the 1Password 7 launch last month. I have passed your support ticket onto some team members, and you should receive a response shortly.

In the meantime, I can try and help you here. When you signed up for the trial and tried to enter the secret key into 1Password 7, what error did you see?

ref: ZLS-42664-943

• Glads
    Glads
    Community Member
    Options

1PW 7 said it was wrong. It offered what the first 5 or 6 digits should be (don’t recall what they were). What could I do when this differed from the Secret Key on my iPhone 1PW. Hope this makes sense.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Glads - looks like my colleague Greig has been assisting you via email; let's keep the conversation going over there, if you don't mind, to avoid duplication and possible confusion. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.