Since I upgraded to 1Password 7 I can no longer edit my logins

Options
Mike Boadle
Mike Boadle
Community Member

I have been a 1Password user (and fan) for 4 years. Recently I did the update to 1Password 7, and I now find that all my logins are read-only.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search: Since I upgraded to 1Password 7 I can no longer edit my logins

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mike Boadle: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The app will be "read only" when you either haven't purchased that version or haven't applied the license (or signed into a 1Password.com account). If you haven't already purchased version 7, you can do so from the "read only" message. Otherwise you can continue using the version you paid for instead. However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. Either way, let me know if you have any questions! :)

• Mike Boadle
    Mike Boadle
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, Thanks for the quick response. I have been very happy running v6 and don't really need to change. Is there any way to go back?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mike Boadle: Yep! You should have the old version zipped in your /Applications folder. Drag 1Password 7 to the Trash, restart, and you should be able to pick up right where you left off. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Mike Boadle
    Mike Boadle
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I still have the zip of v6, but when I try to drag v7 to the trash, it tells me that it is still open.

• Mike Boadle
    Mike Boadle
    Community Member
    Options

All Ok now - I found a menu option to close completely and it is now gone. Thanks for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sure thing! Glad that did the trick. We're here if you need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.