Extension Not Working - New Install

Options
jasnw
jasnw
Community Member

I am working on a clean install of High Sierra and after installing 1Password from the App Store and Firefox (61.0, 64-bit) I can't get the extension to work. It downloaded and installed OK, but it is greyed-out and blinks black periodically.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: Local

Comments

• jasnw
    jasnw
    Community Member
    Options

So, it now appears to be working OK. I did two things between not-working and working: (1) loaded the latest Java JRE (for another reason than the not-working extension), and (2) rebooted the system. One of these made the problem go away. One of those "holding your mouth wrong" kinda problems.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jasnw - hehe. I'm pretty sure it was your reboot that did it, since we've not currently got any significant bugs of the kind you're mentioning. "Have you turned it off and back on" has become a well-worn tech support cliché, but for good reason: there are often stuck caches, failed background processes, and a host of other gremlins that can be banished by simply giving everything a fresh state by restarting. Glad that seems to have worked in your case, but definitely keep an eye on things and let me know if you notice a recurrence or have any other issues. Cheers! :)

• jasnw
    jasnw
    Community Member
    Options

No problems since the initial one. I'm now moving my test High Sierra install to my main internal drive, so Let The Problems Begin! Hopefully not.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jasnw - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Let us know if you need anything else. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.