Extension not working with gmail or youtube - new install

Options
markhorrocks
markhorrocks
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

I have a new install in Safari. The icon is displayed to the left of the address field. If I sign in to this forum it works as expected. If I sign in to gmail or youtube it does nothing at all. If I save a new login in the mac app it will go to the site using the browser icon but not fill any details or sign in. These 2 websites are 2 step logins, ie. enter username on one page then password on the next, does that make any difference?

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: local

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @markhorrocks! Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing just now.

If I sign in to this forum it works as expected. If I sign in to gmail or youtube it does nothing at all.

Can you clarify that? What does "works as expected" mean in this context? Are you trying to get 1Password to save a login item for you, or do you mean to refer to filling? What, specifically is or isn't working the way you expect?

If I save a new login in the mac app it will go to the site using the browser icon but not fill any details or sign in.

What is your default browser set to, and where is 1Password 7 for Mac located on your hard drive? Is it in /Applications? Or somewhere else?

• Moorhead61
    Moorhead61
    Community Member
    Options

1pass is not asking to save login info for youtube or honk mobile

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Moorhead61! Can you give us a little more information? What specific version of 1Password are you using, what version of macOS, and what version of our browser extension...in which browser. What steps have you taken, and where are things breaking down?

• Moorhead61
    Moorhead61
    Community Member
    Options

1Password7; osSierra 10.12.6; I assume browser extension is 7 or latest as I installed them the same day. I did manually save login for 'honk mobile', but I cannot get this to work for youtube and iTunes. Also, at Cineplex.com, I manually saved login but it saved the password as only 2 characters after several attempts.

Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Moorhead61 - so, with Cineplex, it appears they're using a <div> element instead of a button, and there's also &nbsp encoding in that string, either of which might be causing our detection to fail -- we'll have to look more closely and see if anything can be done. But when such issues arise (other than contacting us), the best way to work around them is by creating the login manually, which worked just fine for me a moment ago with Cineplex.

Regarding Google? I can't reproduce the issue you're having; obviously Google is a top-ten site (probably top three), so making sure it works in 1Password is a top priority for us, and it does work. But because of the way Google does logins, you have to use these instructions for creating a multi-page login. In fact, we actually use Google as an example of how to do this on that page, because they're perhaps the prime example. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.