Is it possible in 1Password 7 to have the detailed view as the default view when opened in browser?

Options
atishay811
atishay811
Community Member

I am 1Password 7 on mac and when there are more than one results matching a domain, the shortcut opens the 1Password mini window with the results and the categories. I don't use the categories as much to filter and would love to have the first result opened in detail view. That saves a click and if I have too many options that I need to filter by categories, then the back button can take me back. I can still use arrow keys to get to the next item in the search results. I don't see a lot of benefit of opening the search result view with the category filter as that wastes one click if your search result has the correct result on the top.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Is it possible in 1Password 7 to have the detailed view as the default view when you open it.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@atishay811 - thanks for the suggestion! I'll certainly pass it along to our development team; I know there will be some refinements in the behavior of the mini in future updates. While I can't say whether your specific request will be among them, it's certainly a valid use-case. However, I do know a significant number of other users would assert just the opposite: that they like having the categories available so they don't have to spend one or more extra clicks getting to something like a credit card or the like. We appreciate you taking the time to weigh in on this. :)

• atishay811
    atishay811
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. For me logging into websites is a far more frequent case than accessing credit cards but I do understand where you are coming from.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@atishay811 - no, thank YOU for taking the time to come here and share your thoughts. We're very fortunate in two important respects. One is that since we've never taken venture capital money or accepted a buyout offer from a corporate behemoth, we've got no one to answer to but ourselves and you guys - our users. And the second is that our user-base takes time to get engaged with us on where they want to see 1Password go. We don't take it for granted; we're appreciative of every bit of feedback people take the time to share with us, good, bad or just informational. Thanks for being a part of that! :)

This discussion has been closed.