To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Signed up for membership. Got email from {myCellNumber}@mms.att.net with secret key in plain text. ?

z_jerry
z_jerry
Community Member

Long-time 1Password user. Signed up yesterday for membership, downloaded and installed 1Password 7. Both my wife and I got emails from {myCellNumber}@mms.att.net with the secret key in plain text. This does not sound right. Here's the text in the email with the key obscured...

onepassword://team-account/add?email={my email address}&server=https://my.1password.com&key={secret key was right here in plain text}

What gives?

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Auto via membership

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@z_jerry: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! We don't ever send you your Secret Key. We cant, because we never have it. We can, however, send you a license key via email if you purchased the standalone Mac or Windows app in the past from us. For reference, a Secret Key is formatted like this:

A3-ABC123-45DEF-GH678-90IJK-LM123-45NO

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do would be to email us at support@1password.com so we can help you with your account without having to discuss sensitive information here in a public forum. Just post the Support ID you receive here and we'll look into it. :)

ref: QWQ-18391-532

This discussion has been closed.