Adding Tags to Multiple Items

FunkyPlaid
FunkyPlaid
Community Member

Hi folks, I've just upgraded to iPassword 7 and your internal sync service after many years of using previous versions. I'm trying to add a tag to more than one item at a time, but I don't seem to be able to find a way to do that. I've read snippets of beta forum topics that suggest we can right-click on a group of items and add or delete tags that way, but that doesn't work for me. Is there something that I'm missing here?

I'd also like to cheekily take this opportunity to put in a vote for being able to create favorite tags, which could have its own section and would help us quickly get to particular sets of items like we used to be able to do with smart folders.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @FunkyPlaid! And may I say that your plaid is indeed funky. :)

I'm trying to add a tag to more than one item at a time, but I don't seem to be able to find a way to do that.

Try Shift-clicking or Command-clicking multiple items, and then dragging them onto a particular tag in the sidebar. :)

I'd also like to cheekily take this opportunity to put in a vote for being able to create favorite tags, which could have its own section and would help us quickly get to particular sets of items like we used to be able to do with smart folders.

Noted! I'll pass along your request to the dev team. Tags is indeed an area we'd like to iterate upon and refine, but we're still considering what that might look like in the future, so thanks for sharing your idea with us.

• FunkyPlaid
    FunkyPlaid
    Community Member

Perfect. Thanks, Lars! And thanks also for passing along the tags feature request!

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@FunkyPlaid I am glad that Lars was able to solve the problem you were having. Please let us know if you have any remaining questions or concerns :smile:.

This discussion has been closed.