Why am I not able to change the icons ?

Tonio
Tonio
Community Member

Hello,

I am using 1Password on Mac OS High Sierra, both seems up to date. I am synchronizing everything through Dropbox and everything works perfectly except one small thing.

Here is a short video of my problem :

https://youtu.be/Xz1m9obRwkY

Since a while, I am not able to customize the icons in the application : right after I change the image and click the save button, it doesn't keep the new icon. As you can see in the video, this time I was not even able to delete the original icon ; but even if sometimes I am able to, still 1Password doesn't save the new icon. It doesn't matter which icon I try to change, it always switches back to the original one.

Does anyone has the same issue as I do ? anything that I can do ? I know it isn't a big issue but I'd like to get proper icons :smile:

Thanks !

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Tonio, welcome to the forums! We are happy to help.

This is actually a known issue in 1Password 7 for Mac, and we have an internal issue filed for it. Just to confirm, do you think you can try and open this login entry with the custom icon added on an iOS device, or any other device you use 1Password on (other than a Mac)? This will help us confirm that the issue is isolated to the Mac app.

ref: apple-1161

• Thanks Tonio for this bug report. I've had a look and have a fix ready for the next version. The fix didn't make it into 7.0.7, but will ship in the next update after that.

• Tonio
    Tonio
    Community Member

Hello,

Thanks for your welcoming. Sorry I realized later that I was not alone with this bug.

So here’s my feedback : after updating the Mac OS application to 7.0.7, I tried to put the same custom icon on my Qatar Airways and also on the Qmiles logins.

Surprisingly, the custom icon stayed for Qmiles, but it seems the process didn’t work for Qatar Airways login : just like in the video, the icon switched back to the old one.

I was about to try as you requested (to change the icons from the iOS app) when I realized that both Qatar Airways and Qmiles had my custom icon.

I checked on the Mac OS application : still Qmiles got the updated icon and Qatar Airways displays the old default pixelized icon.

So is this just a cache issue ?

By the way, I couldn't find a way to update the icons from iOS app.

• chadseld
    edited July 2018

It is an issue of icon precedence. We generate a website preview icon based on the item URL. If there is a custom icon set, it is supposed to override the generated icon. The bug is, that for standalone vaults, the generated preview icon is overriding the custom icon instead of the other way around. If you remove the item URL field, you should see your custom icon -- though that will drastically reduce the usefulness of the item.

iOS displays custom icons, but does not currently have a way to assign them.

• Shawzborne
    Shawzborne
    Community Member

So any idea when this will be fixed?

• I don't have the ability to confirm dates, but the fix should be out this summer. We will have a bunch of fixes that will be bundled into a 7.x release.

This discussion has been closed.