How to change the language of 1Password X 1.8 for Chrome

Hi,

I notice that the recent update of 1Password X 1.8 for Chrome changed the UI language to Traditional Chinese by itself for no reason. May I know how can I change it back to English?

Cheers
Vicker

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1Password X 1.8
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Vicker: The browser language is based on the OS language settings. You should be able to override that in Chrome itself though:

https://www.wikihow.com/Change-the-Default-Language-in-Google-Chrome

Cheers! :)

• Vicker
    Vicker
    Community Member

Thanks, @brenty.

Just to let you know my current language of Chrome is English. However, I do have several other languages inside the setting and English is not the first one. Problem fixed after I putting English back onto the top of the list.

Cheers
    Vicker

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ahhh got it. That makes sense. Glad that did the trick for you. Cheers! :)

• Design
    Design
    Community Member

@brent
    I need to select language option for 1Password X too.
    My OS lang is English, Chrome first lang is Japanese, 1Password X lang is Japanese.
    But 1Password7 Mac client lang English...

Cheers

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Design - what language did/do you want 1Password X to be? I'm a little confused here.

• Design
    Design
    Community Member

@Lars I want use English in 1Password X.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Design - thanks for the clarification. There is currently no way to independently alter the localization/language of 1Password X. It will inherit whatever the browser uses as its first language. You have Chrome set to Japanese, so 1Password X will be Japanese as well. If you switch Chrome to English in chrome://settings/languages , then 1Password X will be in English as well.

This discussion has been closed.