Setting up again on new devices

gavingreenwoodmex
gavingreenwoodmex
Community Member

Very frustrated. Bought a single license beginning 2016. Two vaults on mi iPhone work perfectly. Set to sync to Dropbox. Bought new MacBookPro. Can only access 1 vault. Have I set up the Dropbox sync incorrectly? Am I not syncing the new Mac correctly? Very frustrated that there is no one that I can chat with. Went through this in February and gave up after a protracted 5 email exchange which did not help solve my issue. Is there anyone out there who i can chat with??

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS High Sierra 10.13.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:setting up

Comments

• @gavingreenwoodmex,

There are several possible things at play here that are probably adding to your frustration.

Each vault you create would need to be separately configured to sync to separate opvault files on dropbox. If you didn't purchase the Pro features on your iPhone then you wouldn't be able to sync that second vault. To read about Pro Features: https://support.1password.com/pro-features/

On the Mac you list version 7, but the license you purchased in the beginning of 2016 wouldn't be valid for that version. If you've purchased a license for 7 then that should be fine. You would just need to double click the second opvault so that 1Password for Mac can add that second vault to your list of vaults.

Let us know if you run into any trouble or have any additional questions.

• gavingreenwoodmex
    gavingreenwoodmex
    Community Member

Thanks Rudy.

It is my lack of knowledge that hampers this process.

The latest uodate is the following: I have 1 vault which is the principal vault (and contains all my personal passwords etc) and which is now open and functioning on my iPhone.

The other vault is my company’s vault to which my business partner has shared access with me. This vault is now open and functioning in my MacBook.

Is it possible to open two on each device?

Awaiting your news.
    Regards,

• @gavingreenwoodmex

It is, but on iOS (iPhones, iPads, etc) that feature is part of the Pro features which is a separate purchase from 1Password for Mac. The guide Rudy linked above should help you get on board using the Pro features.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.